When has life started to get dull for me? I use to stay up all night dancing and wearing out the DJ's playlists. I was then always the last girl on the dance floor. Well, those days are far behind me. I am nearing my 30th birthday and I can say that my life has turned pretty mellow.... and yes, it is for the better.
My kind of partying now compose of attending evening events for different brands who invite me and going out for drinks with friends. It may not necessarily include shaking my booty but I'm more than okay with that. After all, you never know where the night will take you oftentimes.
So for that, I choose my go-to evening makeup look, a bronze-gold smokey eyes and nude lips. When paired with a little black dress and pumps, you are half assured it's going to be a fun night. I turn to my Urban Decay Naked Palettes when creating this look. For this tutorial, I chose the second Naked Palette. The base is cool but definitely a great palette for creating looks such as this.
- Apply Half Baked on the lid. I prefer to pat it with my ring finger for a more vibrant look.
- Contour the outer V with Snakebite (a deep bronze shadow). Wing it out and this helps with extending out your eyes and lifting them up. A great answer to droopy eyes like mine.
- Deepen the crease with Busted or a black eyeshadow to ge the illusion of a rounder eye lid.
- Extend it down to the lower lids for a more realistic effect of a larger rounder eyes.
- Define the eyes with a gel liner.
- Apply false lashes to enhance your real ones and to open your eyes more.
- Apply mascara bring real and false lashes together for a natural effect.
Paired it with MAC Peachstock, my favorite nude lipsticks and topped it off with Mary Kay Nourishine Lip Gloss.
Healthy looking cheeks should be paired with this look so apply blush liberally and MAC Gleeful did the job for me here. And of course, don't forget to contour. :) For the complete list of the products used, here they are:
Benefit Porefessional as primer
Vichy Dermablend in Nude (review here)
K Palette 0 Kuma Concealer (review here)
MAC Studio Fix Concelaer for dark spots and pimples
Bobbi Brown Sheer Pressed Compact powder
MAC Mineralized Blush in Gleeful
K Palette Real-Lasting Eyebrow Liner (review here)
Majolica Majorca Brow and Lash Colorist (review here)
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (review here)
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
Fairydrops Platinum Mascara (review here)
Hurraw! Mint Lip Balm
MAC Peachstock lipstick
Mary Kay Nourishine lip gloss
Mary Kay Makeup Setting Spray
This look was achieved using the brushes included in the Charm Sonia Travel Pro Set (review here).
I love this look and I'm sure you'll love it, too! So go on! Go out with your friends, have fun and look great doing it!
From a former party girl,