Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, The Aftermath8/03/2010Shen
For more fifteen (15) days, I've been religiously applying Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate because of a skin care challenge I took on for Kiehl's Manila.
Here are the things we were encouraged to do / not to do:
- Get at least seven hours of sleep each night. - Not a problem at all since I sleep MORE than 7 hours. It's sleeping early I have problems with but it doesn't say here anyway. :)
- Drink soothing beverages before bed such as herbal tea, water or milk. - Water is a good choice.
- Try to avoid exercise near bedtime. - Who has time to do exercise? I don't!
- Stay away from late afternoon, early evening stimulates like caffeine. - So hard. My friends work in BPO's and if I want to see them, I need to have caffeine. :) Will try tea, instead?
- Enjoy relaxing activities before you go to sleep, like reading or taking a bath.- I like to read using my mobile phone. I also take a bath before going to bed.
- Shut the TV off when you are in ready to fall asleep. - Must Shut the TV off. (say it again, Shen!)
- Curb your alcohol consumption. - Booo!! :) Just kidding. :) I only drink with company and weekends..
But what's great is that even if I wasn't able to accomplish all the things that are recommended to get good skin, there is a product that will ensure that my skin is rejuvenated and it is now smooth and soft quite like a baby's bottom. Hehehe!
Somehow, I find the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery to help my face go back to its normal feel when I had too much wine and caffeine and had less than 7 hours of sleep. It's like it knows that I haven't been good to skin so it does its job by softening and replenishing it with its essential oils.
Another thing that I like is the scent. It never fails to put me in a spa-ish mood that relaxes me as soon as my head hit the pillows. I would even massage the oils on my hands just so I could smell the scent all the more.
Some oils can be too rich for many skin types especially those with enlarged pores like I do and some may even be too sensitive against natural oils. Using this sparingly is the best way to to enjoy this product. Less is more. Pat, don't massage.
So far, looking at the mirror, I see that my skin has become a lot clearer. And boy oh boy when you touch my skin, it's so smooth and soft. Like my skin has rewinded itself back from before I was using makeup. This is probably one of the reason why I'm not using a lot of makeup lately. I suddenly feel confident in my own skin.
This is a made up Shen nearly at the end of this challenge.
No concealer applied just a bit of foundation and mineral powder.
If my mom is here, I am sure she'd be all over the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate like I am. Anything to reduce the look of haggardness on her face after a day's work and exhausting traffic. So if you are thinking of getting your mom a gift that both of you can share, you can get her this one instead.
1. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concenrate Challenge (A Skin Care Journal)
2. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Challenge: Night 2
3. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Challenge and How to Apply It (Night 3 to 7)
Watch out for my upcoming Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate Contest. :) Fellow Bloggers are going it already and I would like to wait for them to finish first. :)