As I fix my glasses, I wondered how will I go about introducing a product that has the word "elixir" in it. When I think of elixir, I think of potion. And when I think of potion, I think of magic... but there is no magic, is there?
Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate is anything but magic. It is real and it is within our grasp. It is not magic or fairy dust that makes this wonderful product but of Pure Essential Oils and Distilled Botanicals that will repair and give your skin a more radiant and softer feel as soon as you wake up in the morning.
Made to be used in the evening as we sleep, Kiehl's believe that a product works at its best at night when our skin (our whole body, in fact) in slumber. It is when our skin repairs itself from the daily aggressors we face every waking hours.
The Truth and Nothing But...
I have to honestly say that my love affair for essential oils can only be so much as smelling it. My face reddens and itches when an essential oil interacts with it. I was hesitant at first. But my curiosity got the best of me. It smelled so divine! I wish that my work would be in a place where I can smell essential oils every day. And since Kiehl's was known to be a brand that provides the best skin care (Sex and City girls uses their products), I got swayed.
The Challenge, Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Diaries
Kiehl's encourage us to join in the challenge where in for fifteen (15) days, we will practice to sleep for a minimum of seven (7) hours to help our skin rejuvenate, with the help of Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, a 99.8% natural and paraben-free elixir for the skin.
- Get at least seven hours of sleep each night. - Not a problem at all since I sleep MORE than 7 hours. It's sleeping early I have problems with but it doesn't say here anyway. :)
- Drink soothing beverages before bed such as herbal tea, water or milk. - Water is a good choice.
- Try to avoid exercise near bedtime. - Who has time to do exercise? I don't!
- Stay away from late afternoon, early evening stimulates like caffeine. - So hard. My friends work in BPO's and if I want to see them, I need to have caffeine. :) Will try tea, instead?
- Enjoy relaxing activities before you go to sleep, like reading or taking a bath.- I like to read using my mobile phone. I also take a bath before going to bed.
- Shut the TV off when you are in ready to fall asleep. - Must Shut the TV off. (say it again, Shen!)
- Curb your alcohol consumption. - Booo!! :) Just kidding. :) I only drink with company and weekends..
The Challenge is on.
Day One (1)
- The scent is so inviting. I feel like I'm those women in the romance novels that I read at night applying essential oils. How apt since Kiehl's is an apothecary and women in the olden times buy their skin care needs from apothecaries. :)
- No itchiness or redness resulted from the use. It must be because Kiehl's only use high quality essential oils.
- Absorbs rather quickly. It being an oil base formulation do not appear to be oily for me. For a product I can use at bedtime, the oils are hardly apparent on the feel.
- Upon lying in bed, the BF noticed the scent and asked what it was or if I just used something for my body.
- Getting sleep was a lot more easier since lavender scent really stimulates relaxation for me.
- Upon waking up, my skin looks normal and no noticeable difference. No skin reactions, though. :)
There will also be a fabulous contest coming up for one lucky reader of Shen's Addiction brought to you by Kiehl's. Get a chance to own a Midnight Recovery Concentrate! :) Stay tuned!