"The boyfriend thinks I wear too much makeup."
How to deal
It's not really that easy to experiment with makeup when the BF seems to not like you wearing it. That's alright, most guys actually prefer au naturelle look. Some even prefer their girlfriends with no makeup at all.
But what does "too much" actually mean? I asked a few of my male friends to define this and most their answer: "If you can tell she's wearing one... then, it's too much."
I personally think they don't know what their talking about. Hehehe!
The next time your boyfriend tells you you wear too much makeup, ask him why. Being in a relationship should mean that you can talk honestly and openly with each other. Tell him the reason why you wear makeup in the first place. It could be because you love to wear makeup, hide bad skin (zits, blemishes, etc.) or to impress him
Ask him what is too much makeup for him. If you talk about it, you'll be able to understand each other's points and be able to come into a compromise.
What if you do really wear too much makeup? (Guilty!)
Consider the following:
|Benefit Sun Beam Bronzer|
- Cover only blemishes
- Save liquid foundations for special events or evenings
- Switch to a more natural-looking mascara
- Choose a lipstick that acts like MLBB (My Lips But Better)
- Cheek tints rather than powder blushes
- Liquid bronzers instead of pressed powder ones
- Stay away from cat eyes during day time and line your eyes with waterproof eyeliner in brown for a more natural effect.
- Shimmers may be reserved for parties
- Never forget to groom your brows.
- No to bright colored makeup during daytime (save this for evening parties)
It's all about using your makeup at the right time and in proper places. Your boyfriend may have a point and since he loves you, listening to him couldn't hurt. Unless he is being overly dramatic and clueless about makeup.
You can also pose this as challenge for you to practice your no-makeup makeup look! #challengeaccepted
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.
Got questions? Contact me here.