Benefit Stay Don't Stray Stay-Put Primer | The Best Primer Yet?1/10/2012Shen
Loyal as I am to the Urban Decay Primer Potion, it's nice to have a new product to play with. After all, I'm always on a look out for the next "it" primer.
Why take notice of the Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer?
- It's an oil-free "stay-put primer for concealers and eye shadows." Meaning, prevent not only your eye shadows from creasing but your concealers, too.
- Not too much into concealers but want a brighter looking eyes? Skip building products around the eyes as this dual-purpose primer brightens the eye area from lids to under eye area, no matter what skin.
- I've seen this being used by woman of different colors and I saw that this is indeed a universal shade. it has a yellow undertone base that blends well with any skin and provides that brightening and wide awake look.
- It has smoothening and anti-aging ingredients like Vitamin E that will act as a skincare whilst you wearing your favorite eyeshadow.
Why do you need an eye primer in the first place?
- I know it's an extra expense and most primers that really works like Urban Decay, Nars and now this, cost a lot of money. But let me assure you that an eye primer is as important purchasing a good foundation. If you can find an affordable primer that works for you, good for you. Give me a ring so I can try it, too!
- If you have extremely oily lids and find eye shadows moving around creasing and leaving you looking gross at the middle of an event... then you definitely need an Eye Primer!
- Don't rely on concealers as it tends to melt or warm up upon impact to the skin to blend naturally with its shade. With an area like the lids that constantly move, you need something that is more durable and able to withstand movement, heat and packed on products. Eye Primers is the answer to that!
- Most likely, you give up on using eye shadows because it's hard to blend against your lids. That's because some products need something to attach itself to a lot better than just your bare lids. Primers make a great base for eye makeup and packing on products is a breeze. Not to mention that your eye shadows are a lot more vibrant!
- It's just more fun to play with makeup when you have one!
Given those things I mentioned, there's no mistake that Eye shadow primers are extremely important for me. But did Stay Don't Stray made the cut?
It did! It did! I won't have to wet my pants with nervousness whenever I ran out of Urban Decay!
Stay Don't Stray for the past several times I've been using it have performed flawlessly and what looks to be a so effortlessly!
- It's easy to blend against the skin and especially under the eye area.
- Eye shadows attached to it like it's in love!
- Eye shadows are easy to blend against each other as this makes a great base!
- Most importantly, it has good staying power and does prevent my eye shadow from creasing!
Honestly, is there a downside?
- the pump dispenses a bit too much than what I needed. Control on the amount you need can be a bit of a trouble but not entirely bothersome.
Here are more product shots of my new BFF!
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.
Got questions? Contact me here.