The Makeup Look: Party in Rio!7/26/2011Shen
Imagine the surprise looks of the guy that delivers our drinking water and the one that picks up our laundry when they saw this look on me! Hahahaha!
- Apply a good primer all over your eye lids to avoid the eye shadow from creasing.
- Apply an eyeshadow base to make the eyeshadow appear more vibrant. Blend this using a concealer brush to even it out all over your eyelids.
- With a dark green eyeshadow, trace where you want to create your crease and slowly blend outward to reduce harsh line, I use my MAC 214 brush as it allows me to pick up more pigments and create a precision line
- Using a flat but dense eye shadow brush, pat a mid-tone green e/s on to the mid lid.
- Darken crease and create a V crease with a dark blue e/s on the outer corner of your eyes
- With a stiff e/s brush, use your brightest and truest yellow e/s on your palette and apply it liberally on to your inner lid and blend it inward.
- To give dimension and bring in the yellow e/s on your lower lash line
- Trace the blue e/s on the 1/2 part of your outer lower lash line.
- Highlight browbone with a satin yellow e/s and blend the harshline from the drak green e/s.
- To avoid the looking punched, line your eyes with your favorite eye or gel liner.
- Apply your most intense false lashes to accentuate your eyes and the e/s's you used.
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
120 Eyeshadow Palette
42 pcs Eyeshadow and Blush Palette
Fanny Serrano Gel Eyeliner in Black
Landmark False Lashes
Shu Uemura Nobara Cover Stick
10 piece blush palette (for blush and a bit of contour)
Avon Ideal Shade Loose Powder
66 piece Lip Color Palette (A-7 shade)
This Rio-inspired look is just making me dream of festivities and nature. I got to watch Rio (the cartoon movie) and I just wish that I could visit Rio de Jeinero someday. Or at least visit some of my country's famous festivals and colorful parades. This look was also inspired by the lush greens and sunny weather that welcomed us in Bohol a few weeks back. And of course my summer boho chic dress. :)
|just look at those spikey falsies|
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.
Got questions? Contact me here.