Time for food post!
I've eaten in various restaurants for the past few months but I still have a hard time posting them since I really am not good when it comes to food blogging. So instead I'm posting something that I cooked.
All i can say, I'm not found of a cooking. But when one is sick and tired of canned foods, frozen meals, take outs and deliveries, we tend to resort to something else... in this case, its actually cooking.
Since R's favorite is Menudo, I decided to test my skills in preparing this meal. Verdict? 7.5 of 10 according to him. Not a bad score since this is was the first time I cooked it.
According to Pinoycook.net, Menudo is a rich dish with sauce thickened and flavored by finely chopped onions, tomatoes and bell peppers. The acidity of the tomatoes and tomato paste is tempered by the sweetness of raisins.
Clearly, that's not what I my friends told me. Apparently, Menudo has different variation. Mine was probably the simpliest. :) But I'm glad it still tasted like Menudo! Hahahahaha!!!
1. Put pork in water with salt and water and wait for it boil in 2-3 minutes (i only had 1/4 kilo of pork.)
2. Drain the pork cutlets
3. Saute garlic and onions in oil or margarine.
4. Just before your garlic turns brown, add the pork cutlets. Do not overcook or fry.
5. Add potatoes and carrots.
6. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste.
7. Add about 3 tablespoon of soy sauce to color.
8. Add a dash of pepper.
You don't have to rely on the steps and simply search for the recipe from more skilled chefs. :)
That's all for now!
I'm thinking Adobo tomorrow... :)