Do you have Good Posture?7/17/2008Shen Gee
In this day and age, spending time on the computer is a lifestyle but it has its share of downside as well. We owe it to ourselves to take care of our body.
Today, we will see to our posture.
Results of Bad Posture:
1. Excessive strain on our postural musles
2. Appearance of lack of self-confidence
3. Tiresome appearance
4. Shallow breathing
5. Energy not properly flowing in your body
If you are not a kid and always told to sit up straight, that means you have a posture problem.
Can we correct our bad posture? YES.
Here's a a few tips i picked up along my journey in improving my posture:
- Pick a good chair that will fit your bodyframe. (Small chair for petite person(ehem!), Big chair for tall persons)
- Sit up straight. (this grade school mantra is still a great practice. pretend to be your terror homeroom teacher.)
- Align your ears, shoulder and hips in vertical line. Avoid crossing legs (this is hard, my legs are crossed just now)
- When sitting, make sure to sit your back against the chair with your knees at hip level. petite girls like me can use a foot stool to maintain this)
- Avoiding sitting or standing for prolonged period of time - stretch out every 20 or 30 minutes.
- Minimize wearing high heeled shoes for long period of time.
- Exercise and concentrate on strengthening your back and shoulders.
- Practice and patience helps - we have been remissed so we have to suffer.
- Tell a friend of this problem and ask them to remind you if you are slouching.
- Be conscious of your posture - be your own drill sergeant.
- Take proper food and supplements.
This will take time and will surely pay off to give you that glorious posture. But if this persist, consult your doctor in other ways in improving your posture. Especially if you experience back, neck or shoulder pains regularly.
HOPE THIS HELPS!
I've got to stretch my back now.
Thank you to the following articles!
Read more on Improving your good posture: