Brown Eyes for NYE | The Body Shop 4-Step Smokey Eyes Palette1/06/2012Shen Gee
|The Body Shop 4-Step Smokey Palette in Gold Brown 02|
- Apply a primer to avoid creasing of eye shadows.
- Make eye shadows more vibrant with base. If you don't have a cream shadow base, use a pencil liner.
- Creating smoky eyes is easier when you start with the darkest shade in the palette.
- Balance out and blend the eye shadow with the midtone shade on the palette to create gradient and reduce harsh line.
- Blend well.
- Highlight the brow bone with the lightest shade in the palette. This defines it and attract more light to eliminate you looking washed out or punched.
- Apply your liner, mascara as usual. Do double coats.
- Clean fall out with a makeup remover.
- Foundation is best done after completing your eye makeup look.
- Add dimension to the face by contouring and highlighting.
- Apply the blush on the apply of your cheeks to liven up your face.
- Keep the lips nude or neutral and gloss up to complete the look.
- Define your brows to frame the face.
For a spontaneous makeup look, I'm very pleased with this one. It's a very polished smokey eyes. I actually think it's a bit elegant even... great to use for any sort of event.
So what about you? What look did you do to welcome 2012? :)
Comment away and get a chance to my Reader/Commenter of the Month!
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.
Got questions? Contact me here.