Saturday, August 6, 2011
HG Material: Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub
For me, body scrub is one's life important luxuries. But of course, you can't do this at the spa too much or you'll probably miss a lot of bills to pay every month. One way that I get that spa-feel is to just bring the spa home with me. And that's through a body scrub with my ave, Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub.
Not that I enjoy doing the body scrubbing myself (I'd still prefer someone else doing it for me) but having a smoother body without shelling out too much money does it for me.
When I was introduced to Asian Secrets, I thought it doesn't differ from other body scrub. But it did. The almost whipped cream texture of this body scrub feels like heaven against my grubby skin.
Base from the packaging, Lulur is used for bride-to-be's in preparation for her big day. It aims to make her skin smoother and whiter before she walks down the aisle. Well, it's a good thing that it's available now. With how scarce good men nowadays, waiting for Mr. Right, much less a wedding, will probably take a lot longer than those compare in the olden days of Java, Indonesia.
That's what I love about the beauty industry now, how they make sure that everything is available for us to try. Good thing Asian Secrets doesn't cause too much of a dent on the pockets. It's largest tub cost only Php130. Affordable noh?
The benefits of Asian Secret Lulur Whitening Body Scrub:
- It gently exfoliates the skin and removes the dead skin cells to soften the skin and five it a radiant glow.
- Frequent usage reduces skin pigmentation and even out skin one by getting old dark patches especially in areas prone to darkening such as the elbows, knees, armpits and the area between the thighs
- It contains Vitamin E and Green tea extract, powerful antioxidants that protect your skin from free radicals to keep it healthy and young-looking.
- It also contains Squalene and Olive oil that help maintain moisture in your skin.
Now, you get to enjoy this acient Indonesian Javanese beauty treatment at the comfort of your own home.
What I love:
- The scent! I am all over this body scrub the moment I smelled the whiff of jasmine.I'd buy this for the scent alone.
- The beads of this scrub is very fine and doesn't hurt or rub my skin raw. This is especially great for those with really sensitive, easily scratched skin.
- Provides a squeaky after feel.
- The scent lasts longer but since I apply moisturizer every body scrub (this is a must) since our skin are a lot more sensitive every after scrub.
- My skin feels a lot smoother. I can't stress this enough. After toweling myself dry, there seem to be an altogether change on my texture. (you'll know what i'm saying when you've tried this out).
- On the whitening part, I still may need to use this more and that means buying more. :)
What I don't:
- Hoping that it comes in bigger tub since Asian Secrets are best to use on dry skin, which means using more product.
- When scrubbing, work your way up from toes to neck. Don't forget in between your toes!
- Scrub in circular motion for better exfoliation. Our body after all is not a surf board. :)
- Concentrate on areas that tend to darken like knees, elbows, armpits and that of between our thighs (use small circular strokes)
- Let the product seat for awhile before washing it off.
- Don't over-scrub the armpits since this is a sensitive area that easily darkens when traumatized by abravise products.
- Body scrub first before shaving, waxing or IPL to avoid hair in-growns and traumatizing the skin.
- Use a body scrub every 4 days to ensure that no dead skin cells linger on your skin. This is best a good practice as well if you're a fan of shaving and waxing.
- Moiturize after to soothe skin from scrubbing. Even when the beads feels okay against the skin, your skin still needs soothing after.
After my brazilian waxing this year, I was advised to scrub the area that was waxed every four days to avoid hair in-grown and I used the Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub for that sensitive area. Come next brazilian waixng day, my attendant informed me that I had no hair in-grown at all and she could tell I followed the instruction on body scrubbing. I was happy because who would want a hair in-grown in that part of the body, right?
Asian Secrets was a great scrub for that part of the body since the beads aren't that harsh against skin and does the job real well.
So far, I can say that this body scrub is Holy Grail material. It's affordable, smells like love and does what it should. I certainly do feel like a princess every after use with how soft and supple my skin feels after.