FOTD: Pretty Little Liars Inspired Look | Obagi TruPeel Update and Obagi 3608/22/2011Shen
When the girls and I were invited to spend an evening getting to know the Obagi 360 event at M Cafe, Makati. I was excited to finally get to play around with smokey eyes. It's an evening event and the girls and I plan on having drinks afterwards, only fitting that I do smokier look. I was really happy to see these wonderful girls whom I connect with not just about beauty but also in life. I do have friends ourside beauty blogging which I spend the most time with but being with beauty bloggers are just one of best experienced ever.
Either way, here's an inspired makeup look from the show Pretty Little Liars. If only I can pin town the curls. But hey, who am I to have everything?
The girls of Pretty Little Liars wear a lot of smokey neautrals but with definition of their eyes. Colors you'd usually see are dark browns, blacks, bronze and golds. That usually means waterlining, defining lower part of the eyes and lots and lots of lashes. There's a lot of bronzing as well for defining those young cheekbones and all around face. Blush is kept to a minimum but the lips were made to look kissable.
For the eyes:
- First, create a false crease using a brown shade closest to your skin tone, I used Buck from the Urban Decay Naked Palette and sweep it along the upper portion of your lid. This serves as your outline on where to apply your more darker shadows.
- Second, top of the brown shade with a silver eyeshadow (Gunmetal), sweeping it liberally on to your crease. Remember to create that half of V effect on the edge of your eyelids. I use a scotch tape to guide me for this look.
- Darken the crease of the edge of your eyelid with a deep gray eyeshadow, here I used Creep. Use a pencil point brush to make application easier.
- With a golden bronze eyeshadow, like Half Baked, pat on this shade on the rest of your lid and softly blend it out with the dark gray and silver.
- Use a highlighter shade closest to your skintone, mine was Virgin, and accentuate your brow bone.
- Apply the bronze gold eyeshadow on top the half of your lower lid and finish it all the way to the edge with the dark gray eyeshadow to complete the whole look.
- Last is to waterline your lashlines and apply mascara liberally on to your lashes.
For the face:
- Apply a thin layer of foundation, concentrating on parts of your face that usually reddens like your cheeks, chin and forehead. Don't forget the corners of the nose and mouth.
- Set your foundation with a mattifying powder.
- Define and set your brows! This is a must especially for smokey look to avoid looking washed out.
- Sweep a peach pink blush to compliment the bronze and silvers of your eyeshadows.
- Contour your cheeks and sides of your face. Don't forget your nose if this needs contouring.
- Lastly, swipe a touch of a nice peach lip color to complete your whole look.