Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Product Review: Max Factor Weightless Foundation
Here I am welcoming the first of March with a review of my newest find, Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation.
Max Factor created their very first collection with daily women in mind. They wanted all women to look like every bit of a Hollywood movie star. They created makeup that suited the life of women who had children, careers and ambitions. Now, they still look through these women for inspiration. Women who has a lot more on their plates and wearing a lot more hats than ever before.
Now, women enjoy the naturally-polished look without having to spend so much time in front of the mirror. Because we all know that looking natural is a hard feat for many of us. Max Factor in collaboration with famous celebrity makeup artist created Max Factor Xperience, a capsule collection that will help us women achieve exactly that and with fewer products, too!
Max Factor Xperience is also in the movement of not only creating natural-looking makeup looks and making it easier to do but also incorporating carefully chosen products that will help our skin, mainly jojoba and cucumber water. Natural ingredients meld with the technologoy that Max Factor is known for, it is not a feat to look beautiful.. no hours needed spent time on your vanity and lesser money spent, too!
Many of the women these days want a makeup that is more natural with lesser chemicals that can harm the skin in the long run. Max Factor thought to create a foundation that has natural ingredients that will be a delight as well as caring for our skin.
When I first swatched the Max Factor Weightless Foundation, I notice that it has a nice coverage. The feel isn't too thick but covers about 50% of the green veins on the back of my hand. It dries into a matte finish as well which was very surprising. It dries easily that for dry skin, I don't think you'd need to set this with a face powder.
I also notice that is has a nice scent to it, probably because of the combination of jojoba, rose hip and cucumber water, which has calming properties for the skin as well. What's best is that the Weightless Foundation is good for sensitive skin, won't clog the pores and it's oil free. I've actually notice that I don't need to shake the product because the consistency is even.
I've used the Weightless foundation for quite a few times already and I really enjoy using it. It's a very affordable alternative to a high brand that I've been using. Oh! And it has SPF10, too!
|swatch of Brown Hessian 75|
|blended on to the back of the hand|
What I love:
- Easy to blend with either hands, sponge or foundation brush
- Makes skin look even!
- Affordability (only P995 for 30ml tube)
- Hygenic packaging (Squeeze-tube)
- Has SPF 10 (yey for skipping the sunscreen)
- Has moisturizing properties (thanks to Jojoba)
- Has calming properties to skin redness (thanks to cucumber water)
- Great coverage! (light to medium coverage, I don't use concealer when using this foundation)
- Matte finish
- Smells nice but fades in a little while
- It's oil-free (amen!)
- Great for those with sensitive skin!
- Won't clog pores (yey!)
- No breakouts!
What I don't:
- For covering severe acnes, cystic ones and dried up ones may not work so well. You'll still need a concealer. But since this is good for almost all skin-types, no worries on aggravating your acne problems.
Who would love this:
- Girls who's just starting out with makeup and need a foundation that isn't too harsh for the skin.
- Young professionals that need a makeup that does a lot of things (SPF, moisturizer, foundation)
- Wives who wants to look their best when attending school events and going out with their husbands or friends but nothing that takes a lot of time to apply.
Suffice it to say that I really like this foundation. It feels light but is enough for me to look flawless and polished. It's still like using a regular foundation but it's a lot more natural-looking. Exactly what Max Factor and Pat McGrath thought of when they created this collection.
Really, I love this product and it's been awhile since I've been impressed by a foundation.
Here are photos that proves my adulation to the Max Factor Weightless Foundation...
|FOTD: Gold Member, Red Letter|
|FOTD: Fantasy Blues|
|FOTD: Valentine's Day 2011|
See how Bobby Carlos achieved an easy flawless look using this foundation on young celebrity, Megan Young! Click here!
Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation is available in 7 shades (Php995.00)
Max Factor Xperience is available at Rustan's Department Stores and your favorite Max Factor counters located at your favorite malls.