How I wish I could do this every week but a good brush is hard to find. The reason for me reviewing the limited edition MAC 214 is not entirely to rave about it. :) As always I try to provide you with an honest opinion with every brush I feature here especially those that are expensive.
MAC website describes the 214 Eye Brush, "Short shader brush, short, rounded, double-chiselled brush with soft, natural bristles." Can be used with shadow to line and smudge around the lash line and very effective for densely shading lids.
If I'm not mistaken, it first came with the Blond Brunette Redhead Collection and relaunched again with the Style Black of this year. Its very thin and could really give a nice even color when shading your lower line. For those with less experience with makeup brushes, taking advantage of all the different uses of this brushes may not come up immediately. I myself found it difficult maximizing the use of this brush.
But thanks to the ever reliable internet and some experimentation, I found additional uses for this brush.
1. Creating that perfect outer V shape. Since this brush is thinly packed, rest assured that you will have that perfect (depending on expertise) Outer V all the time.
2. Foiling eyeshadows as it does eat a lot of color but delivers them onto your lids perfectly.
3. As an all over eyeshadow brush for small lids as it is perfect fit.
4. As a highlighter. Despite the shortness of this brush, the packed hair would give that perfect highlight to your brows.
5. Nose shader for contouring my flat nose.
6. Lastly, as a precision brush for applying color to the lower lids.
But do really need this brush? If you are a brush collector and can afford this one, I say go for it! It is MAC and truly high quality, your granddaughter will still use this in the future. But if you can already achieve a lot of the those I mentioned above with your current brushes, then you can live without this brush.
Let's just say I have a bit of love and not so much love relationship with this brush. I guess, if you're a professional makeup artist, you'll have more use for this brush but for those just starting out you may want to explore other option before settling on this one. As for me, I like it enough but I can say that I can live without it for personal use. But for my gigs, I sure love it as it makes things a lot more convenient for me.
So there you go, I hope I was able to give you an honest albeit confusing review. (giggles)
I miss you all, ladies! Can feel how cold the air at night is? It truly is Christmas (Shopping) time! As for me, I'll DIY'ing a lot of my gifts for friends this year. :) Which reminds me to start fixing my craft area. There's another one for my long list of to do's. :/