Monday, December 31, 2012
The Makeup Look: A New Year Emerald Eyes
I know many of you have been waiting for another makeup look and here it is! Just a few more hours before the year ends! Are you looking forward to 2013? So am I! I'm so excited for that it will bring. First, I finally decided to tie the knot. Yes, finally! 7 years in a relationship I think already assures me that I'm with the right person for me. Also excited for new ventures, plans and engagements for this blog. Excited, that's probably an understatement.
Obviously, I'm quite obsessed with the 2013 color, emerald. To think that I never liked the shade green when I was younger. Signs of aging? Maybe. My taste must be maturing. But yes, green is a fabulous color on us Pinays.
To recreate this look, just follow my instructions (and then add you're own twist!):
- Prime your eyes. A party can last all night long, avoid your shadows from creasing by using a really good eye primer or cream shadow. It also makes the shades more vibrant. (Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow in Shore, Php1,200)
- Make your eye shadow pop. Apply a cream-based product for a smokier effect. (Makeup Forever Colour Case Palette, Php4,100)
- Apply a glittery black eyeshadow on the outer V. Or a matte one, which ever you prefer for this look. Smokey eyes are suited for evening event, it gives edgy dramatic look and shows great on photos (She Space Minerals, Stolen Soul, $.50)
- Apply a striking gold eye shadow on the inner corner of your eyes. Dab it with the pad of your ring finger for better pigmentation. (Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Gilded Platinum, price upon request)
- Trace a shimmery green eye shadow on your lower lids. (sample pigment in Enchanted, price not available)
- Add emerald eye shadow on your outer-crease to harmonize the whole look, use a blender brush to distribute. (sample pigment in Enchanted, price not available)
- Define your eyes with your favorite eyeliner. I used a liquid one since it stays on longer than pencil. (K Palette Real Lasting 24h Eyeliner, available at Beauty Bar)
- Accentuate your waterline with a lasting and waterproof eyeliner. (Estee Lauder Doublewear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil, available at Rustan's Department Store)
- Highlight your brow bones with shimmery beige eyeshadow, make sure it's warm toned to match the warmth of emerald green. (Sassy Minerals in Chantilly, price unavailable)
- Volumize and lengthen your lashes with your favorite mascara. (Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes, price available upon request)
Pair it with sweet cheeks and pink lips and you're good to go. Don't be afraid to do your brows and contour your cheeks if you want a complete this look.
Will show you what I used for my face after! :)
Happy New Year, dear and wonderful readers! Cheers and here's to another year of beauty and confidence-boosting posts!