Check out the video:
Here are the Venus & Mars Mineral products that I used for this look.
- Mineral Primer with Rose Powder and Red Clay (Rose have a way of calming the skin while Red Clay is beneficial for troubled skin)
- Face Me Mineral Foundation in Mocha Creme (its a bit too light for me but I'm acidic so this changes in hue in hour or two after application)
- Shades of Hue Rosiest Rush Mineral Blush (my ultimate favorite blush from their line!)
- Illuminator Cognito Mineral Concealer (its a green powder that reduces redness)
- Subtle Sexiness Elusive Finishing Powder (I use this more of a highlight as it has satin finish)
- Represet Mania Mineral Eye Shadow (an intense shimmery green eyeshadow)
- Lip Butter Tints in Pink Posies (pigmentation is very impressive that its almost like a lipstick)
I wanted the look to be as understated as possible so I just used one eyeshadow for the to avoid drama and smoke around my eyes. I just really want that pop of color.
I also didn't want it to be top heavy so I lined my lower lashline and run the eyeshadow along it. It's still simple but just a little more defined.
When doing bright eyeshadow, never miss shading and defining your brows. This pulls the look together and balance out the boldness of the eyes. Don't know what your brow shade is? Rule of thumb is if your hair is dark, choose two shades lighter than your hair. Simple right?
I hope this encourages those of you who just have one eyeshadow at home and wanted to try out makeup for the first time.
Please like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.
Got questions? Contact me here.