Fortunately though that I found out about gel liners. I first got introduced to this mid way to my makeup addiction in 2008. My first was MAC Fluidline. It was amazing. With MAC's 266 brush, lining my eyes became a much sought after habit for me. Since then I hardly go out without a gel liner to accencuate my eyes.
Unfortunately though, the price of MAC Fluidline does not always fit in my budget and after i emptied the pot, i was loathe to get another because of the price.
Last year, I made a stunning discovery when I visited my all-time favorite makeup brand, maybelline. There I saw the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel liner. I immediately picked up one. This time though, in brown. Even prior to the wonderful reviews I've read on this product, I didn't think twice in getting it. The best thing about this is that, each gel liner comes with an liner brush. For Php399, it certainly was a great deal. Don't you think so?
Maybelline lasting Drama Gel Liner in 02 Brown
Each pot will come in this container.
Inside is your new gel liner and the brush with its brush guard.
Swatches under flash
(a lot more darker with no flash and in person)
Last all day
Did it all hold true?
1. Quick Dry - Yes it is. Takes less than a minute for this to dry. I usually apply a thick liner but this one is yet to smudge on my eye lids.
2. Intense Color - Yes, the gel liner is highly pigmented. One application is usually enough for a thin application. You really wouldn't have to work to hard to use this because of the highly intense pigmentation.
3. Last all day - As long as you don't rub your eyes, it will stay on the whole day (or at least til you wish to remove it). For oily eyelids, an eye primer and an eyeshadow wash is recommended. I've never used this alone sine I have extremely oily eyelids. eek.
4. Smudge-proof - Smudging can happen in a lot of way. As long as you avoid any hand contact to your eyes and avoid squinting too much, this really is smudge-proof.
5. Water-proof - Just a bit. To wit, I accidentally went in the shower when i haven't properly removed my makeup. It stained a little, but nothing that I can't fix with a few wipes around the corner of my eyes. There wasn't any messy staining at all. I don't recommend this for swimming though. On humid weather, it may stain a little.
What I love...
1. Inexpensive and affordable (Php449.00)
2. Available in a lot of department stores and Maybelline counters
3. Easy to remove with my Maybelline Eye makeup remover.
4. No panda eyes.
5. Lasts a longtime on my waterline (but I don't recommend this to anyone)
6. Easy to use!
What I don't...
The free liner brush. Love.
rough application of Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner in 02 Brown
There are some specks of glitter but noting too obvious in person.
Overall, I am very satisfied with this gel liner and will definitely buy one again when I finish this pot. It's one way to save up as well this never ending makeup addiction.
How about you? Have you tried gel liners? Share your experience by commenting below please!!