The procedure was not something I wasn't familiar with. I've tried a lot of leg waxing from plucking, threading, cold wax, honey hot wax and roll-on. This time, it was another roll-on leg waxing. It's one of the best waxing in my opinion. The roll-on was heating using a small machine. After 10 of so minutes, the wax is hot enough but not too hot that it will burn your skin.
The procedure was done in a private room of Beauty and Butter, you will be asked to lay down on their medical bed covered in cute pink cloth. Your legs will be prepared by powdering it with a baby powder. This ensure that your skin is smooth, if an easthetician doesn't use this then she probably doesn't know what she's doing. Beauty and butter uses a white cotton cloth that they never re-use (always a good thing). After the wax was rolled a few times on my half legs, the cotton cloth (shaped like 1/2 sheet of paper lengthwise to cover the height of the leg) was then pressed onto my skin and rubbed a few time in order for the wax along with my hairs to adhere on the cloth. After that, the aesthetician will pull the clothe opposite from your hair growth.
The treatment took a good 10 to 15 minutes to finish. Pretty fast in my opinion. I barely have time to twit that I was getting a leg wax.
Beauty and Butter offers other waxing services for different hairy parts of the body. There is underarm (Php340), Whole Legs (Php900), Eyebrow (Php220), Upperlip (Php220), Brazilian (Php900), Bikini (Php600).
My half leg wax cost only Php500.00. Now a days a good leg wax can cost more than that and around Megamall, Beauty and Butter had one of the reasonable prices.
What I love is how competent and skilled the staff were. They really know what they are doing. I didn't have to point out to her the parts I usually have to point out with others waxing salons.
1. Get leg waxing as soon as the hairs are its normal length and not a moment later. The longer you keep your legs unwaxed, the more that your hair will take and make the waxing painful.
2. Avoid washing your skin immediately after your waxed to prevent chicken skin. Wait for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Don't moisturize before waxing. The oils on the lotion body oil will make it hard for the wax to adhere to the hairs.
4. Exfoliate a day or two before getting waxed.
6. Do not get waxing if you a gnash or broken for hygenic purposes and as to contaminate the skin and worsen your wound.
7. Patch test before getting any part of your wax to see if you're allergic.
There you have it, a smoother hairless legs. :)
Now, for that brazilian... hehehe!
Beauty and Butter is located at SM Megall and SM Manila