What Smashbox.com has to say about their Photo Finish Lid Primer:
Create the perfect canvas for shadow application with this ultra-luxurious lid primer. Just like our best selling, award-winning face primer, this vitamin-packed formula glides on and instantly smoothes and perfects lids. Wear it alone for a flawless natural eye or under any shadow to give it the staying power to withstand anything (even the occasional all-nighter).
This revolutionary formula contains Phytomoist™, a plant-based hyaluronic acid for ultimate moisturization plus skin perfecting amino acids. Soft focus pearls help diminish the appearance of fine lines and discoloration on the lids, while the patented delivery system ensures effective results.
If anybody knows me and my makeup routine, eye primer is the very important to me. Having this much passion in doing makeup, I need a primer than is as passionate as I am. After all, no matter how petty many people think of makeup, effort is still put in whenever we apply our eye shadows. I love how pigmented this primer is! It immediately evens out the yellow tone of my eyelids that makes the eye shadows look more vibrant and truest to its color.
What I love about it...
1. It evens out the skin tone of my eyelids as well as my under eyes.
2. Can be used as primer for undereye concealer.
3. Makes eyeshadow creations last longer for a more than 14 hours.
4. Packaging makes it easier for me to get all the products out without having to slice it open.
5. The color matches my skintone well that its just nice to use alone.
6. Can act as undereye concealer for certain skintones!
7. Improves lid texture.
What I don't..
1. Expensive when bought here in the Philippines via pre-order. (Thank you, Kapatid, I didn't have to have to buy this!)
2. Dries to fast (this is sometimes a good thing for easy-to-do eye makeup but not during when I create EOTDs with several colors)
3. I'm not sure if its available in Smashbox counters in Beauty Bar but I know it came with the Smashbox Wish Palette.
left: no primer, applied dry; right: with Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer
(left to right)
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer
2. Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
3. Urban Decay Primer Potion (Sin, champagne shimmer)
4. Etude House Eye Primer
I've tested this product on different occasions and it has served me well. Being at work provides me the longest amount of time that my eyeshadow stays in place. The least was staying too long outdoors and engaging in activities that could induce perspiration and increase sebum production. Naturally, the product would give out as well but not s much that I have to retouch it. There would just be minor creasing but not so noticeable. I've never worn this while working out though. :)
If this product is not available here in the Philippines, you can always try pre-ordering it via House of Flair. If not, try scoping out Smashbox Counters for their all-in-one packages since you get your money's worth with their sets. Look for the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer among the sets so you can try for a fraction of its actual cost.
There you have it, another product review. There's more but do give me time, okay? :)
Enjoy the weekend, everyone!!