Product Review: Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner11/20/2009Shen Gee
Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner
I first found out about this when I was at Landmark, Trinoma looking for the old liquid liner from Maybelline. The SA said that they already phased it out in exchanged for the Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner. She convinced me that it was way better and much more easier to use than the previous one.
At first, I was a bit skeptical. It made me think of those other reviews on felt tip liners where the reviewers were left unsatisfied with their products. I didn't want it to be the same with this one and regret buying it. But at first swatch, I was just impressed. The tip was long and really user friendly. But the best thing is that it was really pigmented, very much like the other brand that I really love. And because of the BF's insistence (and financial aid), I went home with Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner.
It's been months sicne I got this and I still get the same results as I did the first time I used it. The felt tip didn't change shaper, the pigmentation is still the same and it still lasts a whole day on me (eye primer was always used).
Here are some photos I took for you to see:
There are only three things that you need to look for when buying a liner.
1. Durability of the tip. You need a liner that will stand everyday use and tons of practice. A good tip will also give a precise application in my experience.
2. Pigmentation. Liquid liners are known for the intensity it gives compared to their pencil counterpart. To buy a liner that doesn't provide it, is a complete waste of your hard-earned money (or your parents).
3. Long-lasting. Many of the oily-lid ladies out there like myself prefers a liquid liner as opposed to the pencil since pencils are famous for smudging and traveling to the lower lids. A long lasting liquid liner will not give you that panda eyes throughout the day.
Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner/High End Brand Felt Tip Liner
In my honest opinion, I am much more impressed with the Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner when it comes to pigmentation. It provides a patent-shiny effect while the High End Brand Felt Tip Liner gives a more matte finish. As to precision, Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner is easier to use because of the longer tip while the high end brand will need a little getting use to. As for the price, nothing beats the Php399.00 that I paid for Maybelline while the high end brand is three times more expensive. But when it comes to staying power, the high end brand wins. It last longer and won't even budge even without a primer.
Overall, there isn't much difference and I would immediately buy another one of the Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner when I ran out of it. Fortunately though, one pen of this will last me months. But I wouldn't say either that the high end brand isn't worth your pretty penny. Those who can afford, then go for it. But if you are tight on budget and would like a quality product then Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner is a great choice.
But why bother with liquid liner and felt tip pen at that.? Here are a few reasons why this writer loves it.
1. Easier to bring around. Being on-the-go, I appreciate a product that is travel friendly.
2. Easier to use as compare to the brush tip. Felt tip or pen type ones are shaky-hands-friendly.
3. Intense pigmentation makes my eyes look more wide awake.
4. No sharpening required.
5. Gives more control on how thin or thick I want my eyeliner to be.
6. Less to no smudging and most of the time, waterproof.
7. Definitely no racoon/panda eyes.
I guess it's obvious already how deep my love affair is with felt tip liners. But this blog is after all everything I am addicted to. :) And maybe with my sharing, you'll find them worth your while as well. :)
Happy weekend, ladies!