I finally swallowed my pride and made my very first picture tutorial. :) Since we are all in awe of the Popular Smokey Look, I thought why not? I used my 120 eyeshadow palette. I'm loving how pigmented the colors are. :)
I found these the easiest steps (albeit messy) in achieving the Smokey Look. This tutorial was inspired by Temptalia.com's Smokey Tutorial. :) Thanks!
1. Apply an eyebase all over lid to browbone (Mac Paint Pot in Painterly = Cream Concealer/Elianto Eyebase)
2. Apply cream black eye color up to just the crease (Careline Glamour Eyes = MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack)
This will make your black eyeshadow POP!
3. Apply any matte black eyeshadow all over lid. You will definitely get messy here so prepare cotton buds dipped in makeup remover, tissue or facial wipes. (I used my black e/s from 120 Palette)
4. Apply A shimmery dark grey eyeshadow to give it a little sparkle. Blend it towards the outer crease and upwards to just above crease.
5. Apply any shimmery white to highlight browbone and BLEND OUT harsh lines.
KEYWORD: Blend! Blend! Blend!
6. Tightline upper and lower lashline with any black eyeliner pencil. This helps provide a more dramatic look in my opinion.
7. Apply any black mascara liberally. (optional) Apply false eyelashes for fuller smokey dramatic effect.
NYX Round Lipstick Strawberry Milk
NYX Megashin Lipgloss in Natural
(click specific photo to enlarge, beware of my open pores.. harharhar!)
my suggestion: If you don't have any of the colors mentioned above,
you can purchase the ELF Brightening Eye Color Palette in Drama
for only about Php124 or so.
'Hope this helps!
So, how was my first tutorial?
Would you like more?
I'd appreciate your feedback