Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Chocolate Sensation | Makeup by Numbers9/02/2013Shen Gee
I want to think of myself as confident, knows what's she's doing and has everything all figured out. But I don't. Seriously, who does? If you do, then kuddos to you! :)
But for many of us, we appreciate the little things that makes it easy for us to navigate in this very very trying times. Like an eye shadow quad for instance. :) Avon launched this new set of eye makeup palettes, True Color Eyeshadow Quad that are strategically numbered to guide us on where to properly place the eye shadows.
For women who've been playing around makeup for years, this isn't necessary. But for many the task of putting on an eye shadow is still very daunting. That's why i think it's really great for Avon to think of something like this to provide women ease and confidence in trying out more cosmetic products and now get stuck with just lipsticks.
My favorite palette by far is the Chocolate Sensation which is both forgiving and classy, great for all skin tones. And very pigmented, too!
Here's how I used mine, following the diagram placed on the back of the quad, guided by the numbers on the palette.
- Apply the 1 eye shadow (beige satin with shimmer) as highlight for the brow bone and along the tear duct area.
- Apply the 2 eye shadow (taupe satin with shimmer) as shade for the lids.
- Apply the 3 eye shadow (reddish brown satin with shimmer) to define the crease or create a false one.
- Apply the 4 eye shadow (deep brown matte shade) to deepen the outer corner of the crease.
- Apply eyeliner and mascara as usual.