VMV Hypoallergenics Skin-The-Bluff Concealer (photos, swatches, demo)9/28/2011Shen Gee
|VMV Hypoallergenics SKIN-THE-Bluff Concealer|
VH Rating: 76/76
100% Free of All-Types-Of-Fragrance-Dye-Phthalate-Paraben + Preservative
With antibacterial, antiviral, protective properties.Non-Comedogenic, MoisturizingUsage + Patch Tested
Peek-a-ooh! All new Skintelligent Beauty Skin-The-Bluff Concealer smoothly, elegantly—yet with ooh-inducing opacity—de-emphasizes “quirks in progress”. Blots out blemishes, shadows, discolorations, and dark circles. In light, medium, and deep shades that work with all skin tones, plus a discoloration-canceling + eye-pepping yellow.Prevents irritations, acne and darkening.
What I love:
- It's opaque consistency covers dark under eyes and puffiness efficiently.
- Creaminess makes it easy to blend on the skin.
- You only need a small amount to cover blemishes or under eye problems.
- Non-drying and darkening.
- It has VCO which is a good moisturizer for the skin and has monolaurin that is a safe anti-bacterial for the skin.
- Great for all skin types, especially for those who have a lot of skin problems (ie. acne, dry skin, aging)
- Doesn't irritate my skin or cause it to break out.
- The size makes it easy to travel with or just keep it in the vanity kit.
- Available in many shades from the fairest to the darkest of skin.
- Can act as an eyeshadow base for those with dry skin.
- Can a cover for the lips to create nude lips effect.
- It smells nice
What I don't: (and only because I have very oily skin)
- You still need a primer or a good foundation to help the concealer stay on longer and not gravitate away from the eyes (only for oily skin)
- Creases after 2 or 3 hours with very oily skin (like mine) (must not forger to set with powder)
- Might get a bit too creamy for those with very oily skin.
How I apply my undereye concealer:
- Apply a makeup base/primer, this makes the concealer and foundation settle nicely and a lot longer on to the face. I use Ellana Face Primer or Smooth-365 from Goodskin Labs.
- Pat the concealer on the eyelid with your finger to slowly warm it up, this makes blending easier.
- Blend the concealer carefully and softly with a concealer brush, starting from the tear duct goinf out to the edge of the eyes.
- Pat on setting powder like Ellana HD powder or your regular oil-control face powder to set your concealer, this dries up the creaminess and make the concealer last a lot longer. Remember: Pat. Not Swipe.
|Skin-The-Bluff Concealer in N1|
Results of Skin-The-Bluff Concealer on my tired eyes:
|Before and After photo with VMV's Skin-The-Bluff Concealer in N1|
I like the fact that VMV is a brand that gives every skin a chance. There's no saying no. Even with the most sensitive skin, the blemished and the driest, there is something for someone at VMV. And the fact that their makeup works the same as regular ones, surely makes converting a lot easier.
Keep safe everyone! Don't forget your vitamin C!