Product Review: Dr. Bronner's Organic Soap PURE-CASTILE SOAP as brush cleaner1/18/2009Shen
18-1 Hemp TEA TREE PURE-CASTILE SOAP
I'm glad that while browsing a Healthy Options Store, I saw Dr. Bronner's Organic Soaps in Tea Tree variant for about less than P200, i couldn't find my receipt. I am not surprise that Robyn of Purely Cosmetics recommends and sells this on her Mineral cosmetic online shop. It really goes the job! And smells fabulously clean! I'm so happy I found this soap!
Tea Tree Variant was described on the Dr. Bronner's Site as:
Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic that helps heal cuts and bruises as well as skin conditions like acne dermatitis and psoriasis. All oils and essential oils are certified organic to the National Organic Standards Program. Packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles.
Water, Saponfied Organic Coconut Oil*, Saponified Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Glycerin, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Melaleuca Altenafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (* Certified Fair Trade by IMO)
What Dr. Bronner Site says:
Let me sight by brushes why I love and rave about this organic soap:
1. Concealer Brushes - I use Ecotools, MAC, Ellana and Charm Pro concealer brush alternately. The accumulation of concealer product on these hardworking brushes are just a trial to take off with simple baby shampoo. With Dr. Bronner's Organic Soap, a tiny tiny amount instantly removes ALL traces of concealer. I could literraly see the product coming right off.
2. Buffer Brushes/Kabuki Brushes - With a tiny amount, my buffer brushes lathers beautifully. My BareNaturals Flat top brush looks brand new because there are left over stain on the tips un like in my other products that I use. It is also a trial for me to get rid of all excess product from Ellana Buffer Brush since it is so big but with this soap, it instanly cleans this brush. And My Charm Pink Kabuki is softer than ever! :)
3. Stippling Brushes - I've been using Lumiere and Charm Duo Fibre Brushes with liquid foundations. Most of the time, there are stains left on the white part of the brushes. Now, there are none! My 8 month old lumiere duo fibres looks like new!
4. Eyeshadow brushes - I can clean them 2 or 3 brushes at a time! My MAC 217 brush is white again!
5. Blush Brushes - Some blushes leaves stains on my Essence of Beauty blush brush and Charm Pro. Now, I only see white hairs on my brushes. They never looked so clean before. :) LOL!
6. Eyeliner Brush - WOW! No trouble at all getting rid of my stubborn gel liners. My Ecootool eyeliner brush is yes.... again, looking like new!
I'm Glad to have found this in Tea tree variant. Cleaning my brushes is now never an ordeal! (I sound so like an infomercial! lol!) I am now looking for time to wash by brushes instead of staying away from it from what use to be a chore. I even clean my palettes and bowls with this soap!
With clean hands, simply transfer a few drops of Dr. Bronner's Organic Soap into a container (believe me you won't use a lot!). Wet your brushes in water or separate cup. Dip your brush with just enough amount of the soap to clean it. Rub the brush softly onto your palms in a back and forth motion. Watch as the products wash away from the brushes. Rinse brushes and let it dry.
Simple huh? Squeeky clean brushes with the great smelling scent of Tea Tree. :)
What else do I love about this soap? The inspriring quotes written all over the package. Also, there are instrcutions on how to use this soap with saving water in the process. :) What a thrill!
5 0ut of 5 Points!!
Read more of Dr. Bronner's Magic All-one HERE.
Philipine Readers: Available in all Healthy Options Store. I got mine in Megamall Building B, across The Face Shop.
International Readers: See Dr. Bronner's Magic All-one SITE.